Friday, November 11, 2011

Harpers Ferry, WV



Location: Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, USA
Visited: numerous times

I am totally in love with Harpers Ferry, and return a few times a year. The first page here was completed when I was still quite new to the gluebooking game and hadn't quite decided how to deal with sideways objects. Now I rotate everything to the left no matter what page it's on. For a while I rotated so that the bottom of the image was pointed toward the center of the book, and evidently here I decided that everything needed to be pointing every which way. It's still kind of a neat spread, for all that. The second page is from a later trip when I went hiking with my dear friend Flora. This time around we only hiked the overlook trail, but a few months later we went back out and hiked the entire Maryland Heights/Stone Fort Trail, which on this map goes off the edge of the page. Good times.

1 comment:

  1. I quite like the first page. Gives it a nice filled-in effect.

    ReplyDelete