Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Amsterdam, Netherlands



Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Visited: April 2010

Like any good tourist, I made sure to visit as many touristy spots as I could. The Rijksmuseum filled me with true awe for several of the old masters, most especially Vermeer and Rembrandt. It's amazing how different those paintings are in person as opposed to in a photograph. The Artis Royal Zoo was nice but, well, it was just a zoo. What made it fun was being with a New Zealander who'd never seen many of the beasts on display in person. I also visited the Van Gogh Museum, which was likewise incredible, but didn't scan in all my journal pages because, well, I might have kinda glued in Vincent's entire biography. :)

The Anne Frank House ended up being very sparse, but appropriately so. We weren't allowed to take photos inside, and I didn't want to paste in the postcards I'd purchased, so I ended up with nothing more than the ticket, gift bag, and a lone image of the hidden staircase.

No comments:

Post a Comment