Saturday, April 4, 2020

Cambridge, MD






Place Visited: Cambridge, Maryland, USA
Date: December 2018

This was a magical trip. I decided to spend the day on the Eastern Shore. I first stopped by the Spocott Windmill, where I spent a very relaxing time drawing. There was no one around, but all the doors were unlocked, so I quite happily browsed all the buildings. It felt good to be trusted to be alone in such a place.

Later that day I stopped by the Stanley Institute. It didn't look open, but while I was peeking in windows, a gentleman drove up and offered me a tour. He had to drop off something at his mother's house so he opened up the school for me and let me look around (again, on my own) until he got back and gave me a simply marvelous private tour. He even took me through the church across the street that wasn't quite open to the public yet. He also recommended a place that wasn't on my itinerary, the Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad Visitor Center, but that's another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment