Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Cambridge and Scotland, MD



Place Visited: Cambridge and Scotland, Maryland, USA
Date: September 2017

These were two lighthouses I actually did not visit on the same day.  In fact, Choptank River Replica Lighthouse was my very last stop of the challenge.  It was there that I discovered jellyfish in the Chesapeake!  (Well, technically the Choptank River, duh.)  I was surprised to see so many so close to the surface.  When I visited this lighthouse the first time, it was snowing.  So it was nice to actually be able to go up inside.

Point Lookout has seen better days.  The inside is crumbling, and in fact you can walk right through several of the walls.  It's usually fenced off, though, so it was neat to look inside.

Visited as part of the 2017 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment