Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Osaka, Japan



Location: Osaka Castle, Osaka, Japan
Visited: March 2010

Some trips will require multiple posts. When my husband and I vacationed in Japan last year, I brought a special journal just for that trip, which I started my writing in, then pasted my trip recap into, then used as a gluebook for the tons and tons of paper material we picked up. These pages are from that journal, but only from a single day of the trip: our visit to Osaka Castle. Though originally built in the 1580s, these days it is entirely a modern museum, with the exterior completely rebuilt to look like it did back in the day. Despite being what some might view as artificial, the castle is stunning and the exhibits are memorable. Too bad it was pouring rain the day we visited.

No comments:

Post a Comment