Monday, October 17, 2011

Cumberland, MD



Location: Cumberland, Maryland, USA
Visited: August, 2011

This is a good example of picking a place at random and just going. Cumberland is a gorgeous mountain town between two and three hours from me. In addition to the lovely scenery, I also stopped by the Western Maryland Railroad Station and the surprisingly varied Allegany Museum. I unfortunately did not find enough paper matter to fill more than a single page, but it's definitely a town I hope to visit again someday.

2 comments:

  1. Wait, GEORGE WASHINGTON slept there? Oh my gosh! Stop the presses!

    I've driven through Cumberland a number of times, but I've never stopped. Looks like a nice spot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed! And he might have even walked by some of the trees!

    ReplyDelete