Tuesday, June 12, 2012

St. Mary's County, MD





Location: Colton Point, California, Piney Point, St. Mary's City, and Scotland, Maryland, USA
Visited: May 2012 

This was one of those "pick a place and go" sort of days. I started at Colton Point to visit the St. Clement's Island Museum (but didn't visit the island itself, as it's only accessible by boat), then had a delightful guided tour of the Piney Point Lighthouse and Museum. After a brief detour through the Cecil's Mill historic district, I wandered down to Point Lookout Park where I saw the lighthouse and took a stroll through Fort Lincoln. Finally, I enjoyed an evening walking tour of St. Mary's City. I was completely exhausted and soaked with sweat by the end of it, but it was loads of fun.

3 comments:

  1. I would love to travel and this is one thing I hope to do. I love the idea of picking bits and interesting pieces as I walk around explore places to scrap about. I don't like the idea of fancy scrapbooks but simple ones like this with a little bit of writing from me to explain things.

    swapbot:samash

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your blog and the travel posts. i also pick up alot of tourist info pages and make scrapbooks and cards with them. safe travels to you and your husband.


    bluecrayons-swapbot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool idea! I would love to travel and make a journal similar to this! Safe travels!

    Brittany (IzzyStardust@swapbot.com)

    ReplyDelete