Sunday, June 24, 2012

Artomatic






Location: Artomatic, Crystal City, Virginia, USA
Visited: June 2012

Though I'd heard of it numerous times in the past, this was my first time visiting Artomatic, which is arguably the biggest art show in the area. I say arguably because with 1500 artists you're bound to have a whole bunch of crap, but the awesome thing is that there is enough great stuff that it's totally worth visiting. I found it insanely inspiring, and while I didn't manage to join in on the sketchcrawl (which was the main reason I went, actually), I am so glad I went and I will definitely have to block off a few days next year to go again. There's simply no way to see it all in a single day, much less a single afternoon. On this page is only a very small sampling of the many amazing things I saw. If you're in the area, you simply must check it out.

2 comments:

  1. I wanna gooooo. I'm sad you didn't do the sketchcrawl!! Do you have to wait an entire year to do it again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sketchcrawls happen every few months. The next one is in July, I believe. Artomatic, alas, happens only once a year.

      Delete