Sunday, April 28, 2013

Antietam


Location: Sharpsburg, Maryland, and Martinsburg and Shepherdstown, West Virginia, USA
Visited: March 2013

I don't usually incorporate pictures of corpses in my spreads, but Antietam commemorates being the bloodiest single day of the Civil War with loads of old photographs of dead people. So it only seemed fitting to include one here.

This was a weekend with my girlfriends and fellow Markeroons: Six, Ixy, Kate, and Ruby. The first couple pages are dedicated to the battlefield and cemetery, which we spent quite a lot of time traipsing about, while the last page is about the hotel we stayed in for two nights and the delicious little cafe we found for lunch one day, Blue Moon. Definitely recommended.

5 comments:

  1. My significant other is from Shepherdstown ... I love that town. I can't remember if we have eaten at the Blue Moon. Lost Dog coffee is my favorite place to grab a coffee, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it quite charming as well. I'll have to go back sometime and explore more thoroughly when I'm not distracted by historical markers or stymied by torrential rain. :)

      Delete
  2. I always love the pages that you do of places I visit with you. It was a great weekend!

    It's strange how that photo kept showing up all over the place at the Battlefield. I know that war is gruesome but they seem to have an obsession with the corpses at Antietam.

    The Blue Moon Cafe is a fabulous place to eat. One of the best restaurants that I have been to in a long time.

    RubyLadyBug

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture of the sky and the gazebo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Your post looks too good..and am seeing this place which you have mentioned for the first time..Sky picture looks gorgeous.i love it..Thank you..

    Article Directory

    ReplyDelete